Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Fleamarketing adventures



I am grateful to be on the other side of what was a long and stressful week. Having found a few early morning moments to pour through my favorite blogs while listening to Pandora, I thought I should do a little posting of my own and share some photos from my last trip to the Rose Bowl Flea :-)....

While famous, I have to say the Rose Bowl Flea Market is probably my least favorite, due to the overwhelming size and scope of it. It also seems a bit pricier than other flea markets. However, on this last trip I was able to find (an even purchase) some really wonderful stuff. So much for my resolution to cut down on the clutter...

Rows and Rows of Vintage dresses... I cannot resist spending a good 20 minutes in booths like these.
This stained glass wasn't vintage, but it was lovely the way it caught the dim sunlight on that cold January morning in Pasadena...

Not even a single stem from this box of millinery was in my price range, but I liked it all so much that I needed a photo!

This=cuteness
It wouldn't be beyond me to wallpaper an entire room with vintage valentines... the graphics always reel me in... also, I've liked the word "swell" ever since watching Dobie Gillis reruns on Nick at Night when I was a kid...
Seeing all these aprons in one p;ace just made me happy...
More kitschy cuteness....
I love the glamorous figurine in the middle of this collection
Always lots of pretty painted furniture at the Flea... none would fit in the hatchback of my Nissan Versa though
And at last... this was the dress of regret.....

I contemplated purchasing this sweetheart of a dress for a good 15 minutes before the practical half of my brain won out. The Romantic in me fell in love with color, the polka dots (of course!) the drop waist, the pockets, and the lace trim, while Miss Practical reminded me of it's stains, unfix-able threadbare patches and of the 1/2 dozen other vintage dresses in my closet that I NEVER wear. So, I contented myself with of photo and a promise to don one of the old dresses that already have residence in my closet before purchasing another one.

I'll be back in a few to show you what did manage to come home with me (despite Miss Practical's protestations) and an update on some upcoming classes. Happy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Jenny, you'd be surprised what will fit in the back of a Versa. ;D

I've transported a screen door (that went above my head in the front seat), a huge armchair, an armless loveseat, and various other pieces of furniture.

Not that I want to encourage your acquisition habit. I'm trying to curb my own.

Scrap for Joy said...

I can't imagine seeing all of this stuff in one place! I would be totally overwhelmed and not be able to make any decision and then have 1,000,000 regrets later for not buying! The white furniture alone made my eyeballs roll back in my head!
My Christmas decorations are finally all put away except George Klaus...I think I'm going to have him hold a heart and stretch his visit out a bit longer.
Have a fun weekend Jenny.
Joyce

Jenny Holiday said...

Ahhhhhh all that eye candy!!! fun fun fun fun!!!!

I dream of going to California Fleas!!!!! ONE DAY!!!!!!

It stinks when prices are nutso...They just know what they have..I feel that way about sellers on ebay too...it's like.."hey dude...just lower these by 2 bux each and I'll buy all 4!!!" ....womp womp

Thinking of ya!!!
xoxoxoo Jenny

Aar says hi too!!

Melinda said...

I was "Ohing" and "Ahing"! I live in IN so Flea's right now are not happening! I can't wait for spring! Love the Valentine's!

Melinda said...

I was "Ohing" and "Ahing"! I live in IN so Flea's right now are not happening! I can't wait for spring! Love the Valentine's!

Holly Loves Art said...

Great pictures!! I am planning on going to the Pasadena College Flea this Sunday. It's my favorite. :) Happy Monday!
Holly

My Scrap Diary said...

Hi there. I came across your blog and I decided to stop and click follow. I found your latest entries humously written. So thanks for that!! I have been dying to go to the rose bowl flea market but I cant seem to get there. Something always comes up or I miss the dates, etc. And I know what yoou mean about the place being overwhelming and pricey. I figure that they would overprice because of the location (which I think sucks but I also cant seem to find any small ones either-so what are you going to do.) And those flowers looked beautiful!! But if you said that they were out of price range then I can only imagine how much everything else is.
Happy late New Year. Happy to come across your blog. Maybe you can pop over to mines.
Jess M :)
myscrapdiary-jess.blogspot.com