Saturday, July 3, 2010

Updates and and interview



I have been blessed with some wonderful mailbox goodness lately thanks to the amazingly talented Magpie Ethel. She does awesome thing with vintage finds including these sweet spun head creations that look happy to live amongst my vintage books...

Life remains busy up here. Less than two weeks away until Artistic Bliss in Los Angeles and I am buried in paper clay trying to get 50 mermaid kits together. I love to teach, but I am always fueled by nervousness about it and it my hope that every student walks away happy and satisfied with the class. I am still in the process of getting an online sculpting class organized for those of you that have expressed interest. I'd like it to be an interactive class with video and chat and not just a series of PDF's. Still working out the technology on my end. In the meanwhile, I do a few a couple of pixie kits left. I will likely make a few more in August. (see kit samples below).


In other news, I was recently interviewed by the Glitterfest Gazette. If you want to check it out, please do so here.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend so far!

4 comments:

Grace said...

I laughed when you said you still get nervous teaching!..I must say you were the most inspirational teachers I have ever had. I was so afraid to make a fairy me do things like this oh no way. You were so calm so warm and I did it! I said that Jenny can make anything fun and exciting!! Can't wait to see the mermaids completed! Enjoy and breath! lol Grace xoxo

vivian said...

hi jenny! What are you taking for your grad classes? we all need a break now and then, so I hope youre enjoying yourself. Its so hard to keep up with blogging some times.. Theres so many wonderful people out there and the more you meet, the more time you need to visit!
have fun!
Hope you had a great 4th of july!
vivian

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Your little pixie kits are so much fun and I could hardly wait for the paint to dry before wanting to go to the next step. Fun to see the little pixie come to life! My little gal is happily living in my studio!

ARTifact & whimsy said...

Hi Jenny!! I have long admired your art!! I am very interested in one of your pixie kits to do with my mom! Not alot she can do anymore and enjoys artsy stuff and I LOVE your art so this would be perfect as mom looks forward to the mail coming and to receive a special kit to make together and have it as a sentiment after she's gone would be so awesome!!! Please let me know if there are any available and how i go about buying one or 2 :)
hugs, Dawn Marie