Sunday, July 25, 2010

Some new studio pics


Hi everyone! I am back from the beautiful Les Sirenes event in Manhattan Beach. I must say, if you ever have the opportunity to attend one of Kim's events, do go! No detail is overlooked and it's both a pampering retreat and opportunity to create and learn new techniques. I am still in the process of editing my photos from the event, and I will be sure to post some along with a recap later this week. In meanwhile, I wanted to share a couple of photos of my new studio space (while I have it a bit cleaned up). If I could paint the walls in this rental, I think I'd go with a jadeite green or robin's egg blue, but since I cant I have done my best to infuse some color where I can.

The desk where I create, and a view of shelves overflowing with books, art supplies and flea market/thrift shop bounty...
A small nook with bins full of supplies and lots of vintage inspiration:
Here's the wide angle shot from the entry way. I am on the top floor and the light is very bright on sunny days.... The dollhouse in the corner is going to get rehabbed one of these days..
There's me, happy as a clam, pixie making :-)

Thanks for taking the tour! Let me know what you think :-)!

21 comments:

NanE said...

What a great space. I really like the high shelf for displaying all kinds of things. Have a great week, Nan

Anonymous said...

Love your studio!!It is such a nice space! Thanks for sharing:) Elma

Beth Leintz said...

Your studio is just darling- isn't it a good feeling to get everything picked up straightened out and organized- even when you know that its just going to get stirred up again.

Fadas de Luz said...

Encantada com seu novo espaço. A distribuição de todos os materiais e cores ficou maravilhosa.
Aguardo a postagem das suas novas fotos.
Beijos

Holly Loves Art said...

I LOVE your studio! I tried to make the pictures big but it didn't work. :( I love all your colors and how you have orgaizned everything. Very pretty!

I didn't get a chance to tell you how polite and sweet I thought your son was at Les Sirenes. He is such a nice kid. You've raised him right Sweetie!

Hugs,
Holly

Stampin' D'Amour said...

Very nice, very organized too! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

-pamela

Alyssa B said...

i think its lovely! Really lovely

MaygreenFairies said...

Gorgeous Studio, would love to come and rummage round it, it looks so inviting. Mandy x

stephanie said...

Fist of all, as a lover of all things polka dots, I adore the name of your blog...

Your space is fabulous. A fun, whimsical spot to create!

Lisa said...

Love it!

Whim & Fancy Designs said...

Superb...My studio not as nice...LOL hahahah! How's the AZ weather?
XOX,Ann-Denise

Christine said...

Looks like a very cheerful, inspirational place to create! :0)

julie Haymaker thompson said...

Oh Jenny I love your space!! And the doll house I have had a fascination with them ever since I went to the museum of science and industry as a kid in Chicago and saw Colleen Morres (SP) from the 1920s have you ever seen it !?-OMG !!!Miss you !!!

Pearl Maple said...

Delightful sunny place for your creative adventures, you have so many fun things going on in your space.

Tell us more about Les Sirenes? The advertisements were tempting.

Alison said...

Oh what a fun creative space you have
Alison

Colleen said...

Love it! So nice and bright and cheery !! I'm sure you will have some happy Pixie's coming out of there!!

Maija said...

It's fabulous!!!!!

Melissa F said...

Your studio is fabulous! I'm so jealous of this space that is just yours! I hope to have it too, someday.

Vintage by Crystal said...

So great! I'd love to see a closeup of your finished product shelf...hehe.

Mandy said...

I adore your studio! What a magical work space, I love all the color, what fun!!!

miz-bag said...

stunning!