Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smoke gets in my eyes....

Lots about these fires in the news lately. :-(
We had been enjoying out new digs and the local area immensely. A couple of weeks ago my husband I went hiking in an area known as the "inner basin" (the fires are burning not too far from this area.) It was a hot, beautiful day and we packed a picnic and hiked the two miles through this


and this



To see this....

and this


Please send prayers and wishes for rain.

On the front page of our local newspaper today was a beautiful story that brought tears to my eyes. I encourage you to pop on over and read it. (I have been weepy a lot lately... Not sure why... lots of changes going on around here. A Billie Holiday song is making me tear up even as I write this).

Speaking of being weepy, have you seen Toy Story 3 yet? Wow. I never cried so much at the end of a movie. Describing the plot of the movie alone brought tears to my eyes when I was explaining it to a coworker. The first Toy story was the first movie that I took my sweet son to see and now, much like Andy, he is growing up, becoming a handsome young man before my very eyes. Wish I could slow time down a bit.



6 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful and special place. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt post. I'm so sorry to hear about the fires. It's just awful.

Big hugs,
Holly

Jemjoop said...

Beautiful photos, good that you are getting settled in. I cried at the end of Toy Story 3 as well.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Am going to Toy Story 3 this weekend at the drive-in. Am preparing myself with kleenex and ready to cry. My son just graduated from highschool and is headed to college in the fall...this will be hitting close to home...love the toy story movies tho!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I sobbed my heart out at that movie, too.

Bethany Kartchner said...

I didn't see Toy Story 3 yet, but my hubby and kids went. When my hubby described the end I was in tears too. Good thing I wasn't actually there! I'd have been a puddle!

I took your class in Mesa, AZ a few months ago and was wondering where you get your brushes for sculpting? I haven't been able to find one that works quite as well as the one I had in class. Please help!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi Bethany!

I sent you an email with an answer :-). Please let me know if you have any more questions! -Jen