Thursday, October 8, 2009

Guess Who.....


Since I had been doing a Storybook and Nursery Rhyme Series for PFATT, (and recently inspired by that awesome cool vintage Ray Harryhausen animated short) it was clear that it was high time I crafted a doll in honor the lady herself... Ms. Mother Goose!


She was sculpted from paper clay over a padded wire armature. Her dress was crafted entirely from crepe paper, including the super cute polka dot skirt from crepe I purchased at Castle in the Air.
She carries a happy little hand sculpted goose and a full color Nursery Rhyme Book (in the public domain) that I reproduced in miniature form.


Ms. Mother Goose is number 10 in the series of twelve that I have been creating over the past year and will be available on PFATT at midnight on October 10. Blog readers and newsletter subscribers get free shipping!

10 comments:

vivian said...

she is wonderful! LOVE that polkadot crepe paper.. what is castle in the air? a store? something on line? I think I may google it!
have a great fallish 3 day weekend!
hugs
vivian

Micah Holden said...

Just Beautiful! I love the book!! She is WoNderFul!!

sheila said...

Absolutely Adorable!!!

Nancy said...

Absolutely the cutest!! I love her expression...and that little book, darling. You are amazing. I get so excited to follow your blog and see your creations. Have a wonderful weekend.
XOXO Nancy

snippetgirl said...

She is totally amazing!!!! Just LOVE her. This might be my favorite one yet. The details are so wonderful and I am a sucker for red and white polka dots!!
oxox
Carrie

vivian said...

hey Jenny, me again. Yes, Id love the link to that place!
thanks!
vivian

Sandi Hixson said...

i LOVE her!!! adorable!

Deb's Country Crafts said...

OMG, that is SO adorable! LOVE, love it! You are one talented girl! Such great detail!

The Jeweled Postcard said...

She is PERFECTION! Just adorable!
candice♥

Julie said...

Just stumbled upon your blog...your art is so whimsical and delightful!