Sunday, September 20, 2009

Turn off the TV week?

Today begins a week long nationwide effort to encourage Americans from coast to coast to "unplug" (not just televisions, but computer screens as well). At the clinic where I work, the television screens that keep patients occupied while they wait to get called back to see their docs will be turned off.
I don't watch tons of television (outside of Lost and The Office), but I do often (like, every single day) find myself glued to my chair in front of the computer and before you know it, my behind has fallen asleep, I have consumed more than my fair share of pistachios and time has run out to get my workout in (again!). While I can't completely unplug (have to use the computer for work, to list stuff in my Etsy shop , and check customer emails), I have decided to do a modified version for the next week by limiting myself to a 1/2 hour a day of non-work related computer time. It will be an experiment of sorts. If you, like myself, spend too much time with your laptop, I encourage you to take a week off (or a modified week off) and rediscover some of the things that you haven't done as much since the internet web-volution. Myself, I have a million library books that I need to read, lots of new dolls to dream up, and a treadmill that has been a bit neglected, so I am sure the week will fly by!
See you all next week :-) (((((hugs))))))
(Just so you know, I will be checking emails at least twice a day)

2 comments:

Karin said...

Hey Jenny! I heard michelle emailed you!! I've already saved myself a spot in your class...even though I don't when it is. No matter, I'll be there! She is super excited to have you as are the other gals who work there. They love your work. Talk to you later...K

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

My husband never agrees to this and it drives me nuts! It's hard to tell the kids that there will be no TV at all for the week when they can hear that he has it on at night, mostly for the news.

I would like to take my TV and ditch it. I don't like many shows and it is just the hugest time suck on Earth!