Friday, July 31, 2009

This sweet little baby...

Is 16 today. It's such a cliche to say, but really.... where does all the time go? I'll never forget the day he was born, the thrill at the discovery that he had inherited one of his daddy's dimples, just in the left cheek, the little blue knitted cap they put on his head before letting me hold him for the first time, me, only 20 years old, utterly terrified but oh so in love with this perfect gift...the day my life changed forever.
(Geeeeeez, is it nomal to cry when blogging?)
Happy Birthday to my beautiful son Alex!

7 comments:

blushing rose said...

You go right ahead & sniff, sniff ... I've been there myself when writing of my 'babies'. TTFN ~Maryd
PS Happy birthday to the 'blue' one.

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

Beautiful post! Happy, happy 16th Alex!!! xo-Mel

Ginny Diezel said...

I love this! I posted a pic of my son, Matthew, on July 3. He turned 38 then. Time really does go by, and you certainly don't realize it at the moment. Enjoy your teenager! I sure miss my guy! He is in Los Angeles, where he makes his home, and works in the movie industry - he's a film editor. I have written about him and about his fiancee. They are darlins'! It's wonderful to see another proud mom posting about her son! Bet we do it every single year!

sheila said...

Doesn't the time fly by. My daughter will be 25 this year and I still can't believe it. BTW... I picked up a copy of the new BHG Holiday Crafts magazine and lo and behold, there was a polka dot pixie santa looking out at me from the pages. Congratulations!

michelle said...

I agree,totally normal to blubber while posting. Happy Birthday!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!!

used forklifts said...

Awww... how sweet. Your baby is so cute. He will surely grow up as a good looking young man.

Happy birthday!