Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting Spooky around here...


While the fragrance of summer looms on the wind, a creepy chill has blown through the attic studio these last few weekends as I have been preparing for Spookytime Jingles and the PFATT Marketplace updates for June....

Each June, PFATT Marketplace prompts all of us to think ahead a few months, and prepare some creepy creatures for the annual Halloween in July sale. In keeping with the storybook theme I have been focusing on for all of my PFATT releases during '09, I came up with two new miniature scale dolls....


Since every good fairy tale collection needs a Wicked Witch, I introduce to you, Wicked Winifred. She has head, hands, hat and boots sculpted from paper clay and painted with acrylics. She wears an orange dotted blouse and a crepe paper dress that has been dusted with glitter. Looks like she's daring you to add her to your collection....


Another PFATT offering this month is a Mr. Cat with the Fiddle. A Halloween twist on the Nursery Rhyme classic, Cat n' Fiddle also has hands, head, hat and boots sculpted from paper clay. His clothing comes from my scrap stash and his bow and fiddle were painstakingly sculpted from paper clay and wire.

Both Winifred and Cat will be available here on June 10. I am also excited to be the featured artist for the June 10 PFATT.


And last (but not least) this Ghoulish Gala of Halloween ornies will be proffered on SpookyTime Jingles this month. (One of those kitties will be offered as a giveaway). They are hand sculpted from paper clay over foam and re purposed Easter Eggs. These guys (along with a Wintertime friend) will be available here on June 13.

Hope everyone has a great start to their week! Like your aunt and uncle with the interminable slide show vacation photos I'll be back in a few days to wrap up my SF trip. :-D

9 comments:

Bumble Bee Cottage said...

I love to pop in and check out you latest creations. You really possess a true talent and should think about trying to get an art show together in a gallery. I think a lot more people, than just the lucky bloggers who have come across your blog/shops, would love your work. Well just something to think about anyway :)

snippetgirl said...

oh boy! i love winnifred and the cat and the fiddle! they have such personality! and wowee, i can appreciate that hand sculpted fiddle!!! very impressive indeed! such wonderful, whimsical cuteness!

Karin said...

Jenny, I love them all! Those ornaments are adorable!!

vivian said...

hello again Jenny.. already commented on these on flickr.. but I'll tell you again I love them all.
so whats next on your agenda??
hugs
vivian

Amy said...

Love the kittie ornies!!! I'm hosting a giveaway...be sure and drop by!

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

AwtemNymf said...

Oh My Gawsh- I, too have been feeling Halloweenie lately (more than usual even though Halloween is everyday for me). I love your new creations- awesomeness!!! Love Wicked Winifred :O)
Hugs & Polka Dots!

LillySue said...

Very fun, indeed!! I think I will skip Halloween this year and blast right in to Christmas. I have lots of little snowmen dancing around in my head, heehe! I am putting a summer studio together for my daughter and I in our living room. My actual studio space is WAY too small. We NEVER use our living room so it should be a good spot.
Blessings~LillySue

michelle said...

THey are all just wonderful but the witch is my favorite!

paperbird said...

I love these- they are absolutely wonderful. So fun and Halloween is my favorite holiday.