Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Enchanting Read....


I was so excited to meet the talented Lisa Kettel at the ZNE Convention recently, and I couldn't resist purchasing her new book Altered Art Circus. I wanted to share some of my favorite projects from the book with you...

See.. even the cover gets the creative buzz going in my head....



I love the fairy circus theme of this enchanting train...


I love these Storybook pails. With all of the wonderful vintage imagery available, you could really customize this look to reflect your favorite fairy tale. This may be my favorite project in the book.

Ooooooh! It could be this one too! Can I pick two favorite projects? A sweet fairy captured fairy wand! Perfection!!!

My photos don't to justice to the quality of the projects in this book. If you love fairies or altered art (or both) I can't recommend it enough.Plus, Lisa is just an awesome person and artist. It was such a treat to meet her! You can purchase the book from Lisa through her site. You can also find it on Amazon.com (where it has received a well deserved 5 star rating :0 ) ! )

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yes, it's an awesome book. I have it too, and LOVE it!
Elizabeth

SweetAnnee said...

SWEET!!

LillySue said...

Love the faerie wand...I now have lots MORE ideas flying around in my head, heehe!
Blessings~LillySue

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

WOW!!!...hugs...m

debsea said...

thanks for sharing ~ i might never have looked at this book on my own, but i sure will now.

fairychildheirlooms said...

Hi Jenny, I can't believe that I haven't stumbled upon your blog before now! I'm so entranced with your amazing tallents that I just spent the past few hours reading your entire blog. I'm a fellow Arizona girl (I live in Mesa)
well, just wanted to say "Hi!"
:) Missy