Friday, May 22, 2009

The Crown And Crumpet

This gorgeous tea room was featured in Romantic Homes a few months ago, and after taking in all the pictures in the article, I knew I had to add it to my must see list. No one's photos (certainly not mine!) could effectively capture the whimsical loveliness of this magical place... I could truly picture Alice enjoying a cuppa whilst gazing upon the San Francisco Bay....


Love the TV in the fireplace...

You may reconize some of the knick-knacks from Lollipop Workshop! Love her stuff!



Oh yeah, the food!!! Mmmmmmmm..... little tea sandwhiches, hot buttered crumpets and scones with clotted cream and jam, and the most heavenly tea.




After we finished our tea, we spent time browsing the attached shop and I did a little damage to my debit card buying up Cath Kidston-esque paper lanterns and a reusable market bag. And of course a visit to the Fishermans Wharf area wouldn't be complete without stopping into my most favorite plave in the world... Musee Mechanique!!!
If you ever plan to visit the San Francisco area, I must wholeheartedly recommend the Crown and Crumpet be added to your dining list. You can visit their website here.



14 comments:

snippetgirl said...

Ooooooooooh my!!!!! That place looks amazingly enchanting and wonderful! I would LOVE to visit there. Thanks for letting us know about it....it further seals my desire to plan a trip to CA.
Have a lovely weekend!!
Carrie

Feedsack Fantasy said...

What a darling tea room ... you sure are enjoying yourself, evidently clearly in your post. Have a beautiful weekend & trip.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Mica said...

I could just eat the couch too !!! what a delightful place !! Thanks for sharing the pics. Hugs, Mica

Heidi said...

I so want to go there! My Mom and I love tea! We have a tea room in our town that has a lovely view of the Mississippi River. What I like about this room on your post is that it most definitely caters to women. The food sounds delicious too. How many places can you go where the place is decorated for us ladies? Around here places are often decorated with old farm equipment.

Bumble Bee Cottage said...

What a fabulous place to visit, I just wish it wasn't so far away. The couch is gorgeous! Thankyou for sharing your lovely visit.

thefabulousfarmhouse said...

I bought that magazine to see the tea room you blog about. Isn't it whimsically sweet? Then top it off by making my day and letting me know the Musee Mechanique has a new home!!! I hadn't been since it was below the Cliff House near my most favorite spot in the world at the Sutro Bath Ruins. I am SO glad you got to see it! Everything there is great, laughing Sal, the miniature stick carnival! What a great post! A definite must see!! Thank You!!!! Cathy

michelle said...

Now I am hungry and want to go on a trip!

laurie magpie ethel said...

Lucky duck! I ate up that feature in Romantic Home and is is totally on my list...glad it was worth the visit. Hoping I may hit it this summer.

Jennifer said...

The next time I go to Ghirardelli square I am so there! It looks like they share my obsessions with kitcheny kitsch.

LissyLou said...

wow that place is fab!!!!

Amy Dean said...

Hi ya Polka dot Pixie!
WOW! Thank you for that amazing blog entry on our tea salon! That was so nice of you to tell your fans all about us with great pictures and comments. We are greatful that you are helping spread the word of The Cup of Brown Joy!!!
I am totally bummed that I did'nt get to meet you as I love your work and want to get some of it into our little shop! Please get in touch or I will track you down to discuss!
Thank you again, I love your blog!
All the best,
Amy Dean

Vintage by Crystal said...

Oooohhh...what an amazing place! I'm so envious of your getting to visit there. You pictures are great so I can only imagine what it's like in person! Thank you for sharing. :)

job search nz said...

so gorgeous i love the brilliant color of the room

Cleaning Melbourne said...

TV on a fireplace? so cool.. :-)