Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A sweet video tutorial...


(Photo above is a set of Conversation Heart Pixies I made in 2005)

I am so glad you like the idea of my sharing the best video tutorials I can find on the web. There is lots of user created content to choose from, but this week, I thought it might be fun to go with a classic.

Remember the good old HGTV... the one with craft shows and home tips. Shows like Carol Duvall , Crafters Coast to Coast and Typical Mary Ellen. Call me sentimental, but I miss the old format and the programming!

Lucky for us you can still find lots of great clips from those old shows right on HGTV's website. The one below shows how to create scrumptious chocolate boxes... just in time for Valentine's Day! Oh and if you are inspired to make one of these... you can send a few my way ;-)

5 comments:

Lori said...

i miss those old HGTV shows too...although honestly i would rather bop around in blogland now anyway for inspiration...i don't really like watching TV except for "top chef" and "project runway"...

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing this video. I would love to do this for Easter with my kids. I guess Valentines Day would be a good time too. When isn't it a good day to play with chocolate. I miss Carol Duvall also!

Maija said...

rap! Now I have to go have some chocolate......

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Those are cute! I miss the old HGTV shows. Bring back Kitty Bartholemew and all the others. I don't like so many of the new showes and where are the gardening shows?

Manuela

Pixie said...

I moved toi England in June 2008...and I guess HGTV has changed since then? I knew they were tinkering around with shows...moving things without anouncing it...but don't tell me Carol Duvall is gone...