Friday, February 13, 2009

16 years ago.....





Today is our 16th anniversary. My husband and I will drive down to Prescott after work, stay in a lovely old B & B, and have dinner in the same restaurant that we ate in on the eve of our wedding. Tomorrow we will spend the day scouring thrift and antique shops for the perfect present to gift to each other.

Married at such a young age, it hasn't always been easy for us (is it for anyone?) He puts up with clay ground into sofa cushions, and a super girly cottage bed room, complete with rose festooned Shabby Chic bed linens. I put up with a policeman's schedule (and stress), and him banging on his drumset for what seems like hours (to relieve aforementioned stress.) Not to mention his ever expanding catalog of The Who songs that must be played on every. single. long. roadtrip (he makes fun of me listening to Jeff Buckley nonstop). We agree to disagree on many things, we have fights about all the usual stuff.

But beyond all of this we are each other's soft place to land.

And he's so stinkin cute in that Uniform.....

18 comments:

snippetgirl said...

I just wanted to wish you guys a very, very Happy Anniversary!! Your getaway sounds lovely...enjoy it! I am cracking up at your hubby's willingness to put up with foofy decor...that's probably a common theme among a lot of us :).
xoxo
Carrie

albasworld said...

Happy Anniversary Jenny!!! I wish you many more years of happiness together.

I also hope you have a "Happy Valentine's Day" and a lovely weekend.

Hugs, alba

Lisa Gatz said...

AWWWW....happy anniversary! That's very heart-warming.

I also wanted to tell you that your Santa and bunny on STJ are adorable!

Robert said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
~Robert

MaygreenFairies said...

Oh how wonderful!! Happy Anniversary I hope you have a wonderful break! Mandy x

Malissa said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations! 16 years! I think you are both too cute! (even though I can't see your faces)!! Gotta love a man in uniform. Have a terrific weekend.

vivian said...

happy anniversary jenny!!enjoy your weekend together!
hugs
vivian

Elizabeth said...

Awwww so cute and sweet. Happy Aniversary and Valentine's Day!!!
Elizabeth

deb said...

Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful photo. Your wedding dress is gorgeous.

elma said...

Congratulations on 16 years.!! I find that time just flys by doesn't it. I hope you have a wonderful day and going to the flea market sounds like a wonderful time!!! Hope you find some great deals.

Maija said...

What a wonderful day you have planned!
February 13 is our anniversary and we have been together 21 years!

We celebrated by attending our son's lacrosse game- yikes!

I hope the rest of your weekend is perfect, Jenny!

michelle said...

Congratulations! We child brides have to stick together!

Susan said...

What a beautiful thing to share with us! Happy Anniversary! And what a nice reminder that whatever you go through with your husband, you love him to pieces . . .

Enjoy your time with each other!

Stacey Steimle said...

Happy Anniversary. My husband is also a fan of the 'Who'.

Lori said...

Jenny, i hope you had a wonderful anniversary with your sweetheart!!!

Heidi said...

Awesome wedding photo! Congratualtions on 16 years of wedded bliss! My 15th anniversary is coming up this summer. I know what you mean by what you have to put up with to get along. My husband is a sports fanatic. If it isn't a game its a movie about a game! But he is loyal and kind and he loves me back.

Sam I Am said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww happy belated anniversary!!!!
what a sweet picture!!!!!!

Pieceful Bits said...

Happy Anniversary!!!..and it is so true about agreeing to disagree about things! We will be at 20 years this May. Enjoyed your sweet life!
(~~)
Julie