Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Christmas!!!

I plan to use my final few job-free days to take a short technology break (other than a once daily email check). I am looking forward to doing some nesting, enjoying spending time with the kids, cooking huge dinners for friends and neighbors who we will be blessed to share time with, and finishing up some personal Christmas crafting. Before I log off, I would love to share a few photos I took this morning of our home, finally all decorated for the big day on Thursday! :-)

These super cute vintage felt carolers sit in my kitchen window. They were thrifted by my husband, who clearly knows my taste very well! The sweet green bottle brush tree was an Esty score from the always fabulous Magpie Ethel !

I kept it pretty simple in the parlor this year, only adding a slender tree full of my favorite vintage and handmade ornaments and a ponsietta garland or two.

Some of my favorite ornaments include ones I inherited from my grandmother.

An apothecary jar in the dining room holds homemade sugar cookies my daughter and I whipped up yesterday. They are almost gone already!!!
The dining room table is set with mismatched Homer Laughlin and Ridgway Staffordshire china that I also found in a local thrift shop. Even the lovely glass glittered star that hangs from the chandelier was thrifted. A closer view below....
Before I sign off, I wanted to share one more cool resource that I came across on the WWW... archive.org. Check out this cool antique Dennison Christmas Book available to download (there may be restrictions on this outside of the U.S.) If you love vintage style decorating, you'll find some of these ideas truly timeless!!

Happy, Happy Christmas to you all. Thank you so much for all of your kind words and thoughts over the past year, and especially in this last difficult month. I am so blessed by you. ((((Hugs)))), good wishes and see you next year!!!

16 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Jenny,
Your house looks full of holiday fun! Have a wonderful little break as you log off into Christmas with your family. Wishing you the best in 2009.

p.s. Great thrift store finds on previous post!

Holly Loves Art said...

Happy holidays! Your house looks wonderful... all your latest eye-candy posts are fantastic. And I love your new banner. It's really adorable.

All the best,

Holly

michelle said...

Everything looks lovely, and ready! Have a wonderful holiday!

vivian said...

Jenny, you have a lovely home! Merry christmas and we'll see you back here soon!
hugs!!
vivian

Cathy said...

Jenny,

I am so said I missed out on one of your pink polka dotted snowmen. I will wait for your next round of stunning little happy treasures.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

xo Cathy

Doreen said...

Joyous Holidays to You & Yours!

:)Doreen

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful! Sending season's Greetings!
Sandra Evertson

AwtemNymf said...

YOur home is all decked for the Holidays! Looks beautiful! :O)
I also wanted to fly by and let you know that I got my lil' pixie snowfolk in the mail today! She's so small and adorable! I love it to pieces! Thank you sooo much!
I have it in my crafts room (pc is in there too) where I can enjoy her presence everyday!
Thank you!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs & Faerie Dust!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Merry Christmas...m..

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Jenny,
Thanks for sharing such lovely holiday pictures! If you have some time, I've posted mine too!

Merry Christmas,
Marie

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey there doll
Merry Christmas!!!
Have a fabulous holiday season.

oxoxo,
jessi

Thelma-Art said...

Everything is just stunning. Really adorable.
Merry Christmas!

AwtemNymf said...

Merry Christmas sweetie!
*sprinkle sprinkle*
~A~

Deanna said...

Hi Jenny,
just stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Christmas Blessings from Texas,
Deanna :)

Gina @ Six in the Country said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and send you warm wishes for a Happy New Year!

Pearl Maple said...

Happy holidays to you and your family. Always delightful to visit your blog space and you sure have out done yourself with the Christmas posts.