Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Land of Enchantment

All's quiet on the blog front here, thanks to some busy work related travel. On a business trip, I recently had the opportunity to explore a bit of lovely southern New Mexico. We only had a bit of free time one evening, but I was able to snap a few shots of the gorgeous Old Mesilla, an area of Las Cruces that seems untouched by time...

This gorgeous old adobe theater plays art films.... check out the color of that sky!


I love "Day of the Dead" Folk Art...

Unfortunately, at this time of evening, most of these shops were closed, but still it was a pleasure to view the murals...

I wonder what treasures I could have acquired in here... my bank account was happy that this shop was closed!!!
I would have loved to have explored this studio...
Both art and architecture are abundant here...

More inspiring Folk Art
Lovely Ladies!
Thanks again for your well wishes and continued prayers for our family. I'll be back in a few days with some photos of some new Pixie stuff. :-) I'm off to catch up on some of my blog reading.

10 comments:

Lori said...

that looks like a pretty cool place to visit!!!

Marie said...

Thanks for taking us along on this wonderful visit with you Jenny!! Loved the pictures and can't wait to see what you have created for us to take a gander at soon!

randi said...

Ohh- what a cool place...and Day of the Dead art is something I haven't thought much about but looks like something worth exploring. I had to let you know I bestowed upon you an award! See my blog for details! :)
Happy Thursday,
randi

janell berryman artist-owner said...

Loved seeing the photo's! Its too bad you didn't get to shop. Well, that will give you a reason to go back again. NM is on my list of things to do before I take the big sleep. LOVE the day of the dead pieces. Thanks for sharing!

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Looked like some pretty cool shops that one could do some serious spending!!! Have a great weekend.

vivian said...

hi Jenny! hope all is well.. too bad that shop wasnt open.. I know you would have been sure to find something sweet!
glad to see ya!
hugs
vivian

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like a place I would like to visit!!!

Kim

ShabbyInTheCity said...

It must have been frustrating to not have more play time there! Love the photos of los muertos!

Flea Market Queen said...

I love Mesilla...
My aunt used to live in Las Cruces & we would visit there all the time!
It's been awhile though, thanks for sharing...
Priscilla

HopHopJingleBoo said...

oh wow what a cool place..love all the cati pouring over the sidewalk..also liked your little tombstone..spooky and sweet..