Monday, May 26, 2008

Some new stuff in the Etsy shop...

Happy Veterans' Day everyone. I want to express my gratitude and thanks to those who so bravely serve ( including their families). Being the wife of a former Marine who currently serves in the Air National Guard, I know how hard those times of separation can be. God bless and protect our brave women and men in service all over the world.


Just wanted to post a quick update to let you know what's new in the Etsy shop.

"Send a Little Cheer Bluebirds", gift packaged!

The bird ornaments were sculpted in paper clay, painted antiqued and sprinkled with glass glitter for that vintagey sparkle.



To package them for gift giving, I created little boxes out of clear recycled plastic and snuggled them inside little pink excelsior nests (also recycled). Then I taped up the boxes, added the ribbon and gift tag encouraging the giver to send a recipient's a "little cheer". Since so much of this was created using "green" materials it's something you can really feel good about gifting. :-)

Here he is again in red!

">


I also decide to create some cards using photographs of my favorite sculptures...

A sweet little lovebird card. This one sold within minutes of putting it in the shop, but I will list more in a couple of days.

I love this guys expression. I may make more to sell in a package...let me know if you think that would be a good idea.



Same goes for this guy...


And these guys....



Another little card to gift to someone just to say "I Love You..."



Or happy birthday!


How about this one for an unusal anniversary or wedding card? :-)...


Stop on over the Etsy shop to see more! :-)

I'll be back on Thursday to show you what the post office blessed me with recently!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Jenny, please tell your husband that i said thank you for his service...it makes my heart swell with gratitude whenever i think about the brave men and women who serve in the armed forces to protect us and all that we hold dear!!!
AND!!! i have been lurking in your store tonight!!! everything is SO SO SO cute!!! someone had suggested to me making cards out of some of my collages, i wasn't that interested until i saw how adorable your cards are...i will have to re~think that...

Saucy said...

Those are juicy little cards! Love the bluebirds.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

So, so sweet!
And a heartfelt "thank you" to your husband (and his family) for his service to our country.
Blessings~

Lance said...

those are great! i just wanted you know that i love your work and you are very inspiring to me. i added you to my list of blog links, i hope you dont mind.

Tammy said...

I love your little birdie sculpture. He is too cute! The cards look so professional. Very very nicely done.

Tammy

Mary Isabella said...

We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to your husband and so many more like him who are willing to serve.
Your cards are so beautiful....Mary

mary said...

Those birds are AWESOME!!...gosh they went quick!!
And the cards turned out great!

Marie said...

Beautiful little pretties and cards Jenny! You do such lovely work!

Melissa Valeriote said...

Wonderful new additions in your shop!

Sweet B Folk Art said...

Your blue birds look so yummy! are you sure they are not made out of icing??? Everything is so cute and neatly done - bravo!

Sweet B

Sam I Am said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww jenny..how SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!! my teeth are achin' cuz they are soooo sweet!!!! :)
i look at my lil polkiedotted santa everyday..cuz he sits on my work table :) i loves him..and love that you made cards!!!
xoxox
sam