Friday, May 30, 2008

Quick post...


The sweet, talented Amy of Inspire Co just posted an entry on her blog regarding my bluebirds (and her very wonderful bluebirds). I just wanted to make sure everyone knows I never in a million years thought she was copying my idea. Especially because our birds are so very different in countenance and expression. Today was the first time I have seen her wonderful birds and it was through an email that she had sent to me regarding them. I am sure many other artists out there have thought of bluebirds in party hats before I did. Bluebirds are very popular in many forms right now (as they were in the 1940's)! With all the sad news we come across in the media, it's no wonder people enjoy the expression of a little cheer that comes with a bright blue friend like that!

Anyway, for the record, I believe Amy's bluebirds are lovely, and original, totally her own fantastic style and I hope she keeps making them so that I can buy one some day! ((((hugs))) everybody!

BTW- please keep leaving your thoughtful comments on the post below for the giveaway! :-)
-Jenny

13 comments:

Claire said...

I think both versions of the birds are super cute and totaly a reflection of each of you. That is the kind of crafting I love!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Claire I totally agree! :-)

michelle said...

I think you are both lovely classy ladies to handle a delicate situation in a way that leaves us all loving your birdies more than we even did before!

Marie said...

I think her bluebirds are wonderful as well, and uniquely hers as are yours. You are both super talented!

vivian said...

hi Jenny, well I'm glad you posted about this, because I may not have visited Amys blog otherwise and her blog is sweet. As are her bluebirdies. I left her a comment about part of the reason we all love to come out to play in blogland is that we inspire each other! birdies look cute in collars and hats! I bet hundreds of us have made them like that! I dont know where I ever first was inspired, Ive been making them for a few years though! I hope I didnt copy anyone!
I love your bluebirdies!! especially that new piece you did of the cake topper!!
have a sweet weekend!
vivian

Susan said...

Hi Jenny,
I just came here from Amy's blog and think your post shows you are a class act! I say everyone should make bluebirds in party hats! The world would be a much happier place. (And yours, by the way, are adorable.)

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Susan that is an awesome idea!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Thank you thank you for my bluebird!!!! I so love it...and you didn't have to!!! Love the card too :) Somebody might get the card....but not the bluebird!

Cheryl ~ Fiskateer #002 said...

You ladies are both so sweet. I too love both the birdies. :)

jillian said...

Don't ever stop making those bluebirds!! They are my favorite and I'm gonna buy one some day (hopefully soon!!!) Both birdies are just adorable!
XOXO
Jillian

"Tutus & TippyToes" said...

Wonderful Blog, Im so glad to be able to see so
many nice things without leaving home!! LOL I am new Please
Stop by and Join in my giveaway...
Big CONTEST Giveaway!!
Your vote picks the winners...

Mary Isabella said...

I agree with you!!!! Hugs...Mary

vintage paper bella~andrea said...

Your blog is so whimsy, I love it ! I love the little birds ,s o shabby sweet~