Friday, May 23, 2008

Crazy Weather and a new love....


So the photo above is probably not what you picture when someone mentions Arizona in May. But that my friends, is what we in Northern Arizona woke up to last week (and yesterday and today with hot 84 degree days in between... wild!) . There's nothing like seeing a heap of snow covering newly mature leaves on a maple tree. I am very much ready for summer at this point!

Sorry for such a long time between posts. At work we are winding down to the end of our fiscal year and it gets pretty busy as a result. I am still not sure of what will happen in our grant's future. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

I took today off and will hopefully finish up new goodies that will be available in the Etsy store on Monday.

With the lengthy work related travel I have been doing lately, I am so happy to have found a new love on the internet. Not what you are thinking :-)... A love for crafty podcasts! If you have never heard of crafty podcasts, I highly recommend the ones listed below.

Crafty Pod
Craft Sanity
Craft Cast

They cover everything from trends in crafting, crafting as a business, blogging and crafting to.... you name it. If you know of any cool crafty podcasts you'd like to share, please post a link to them in the comments section. I am addicted!

I'll be back in a few days with some awesome mail goodies! :-)

11 comments:

Lori said...

are you kidding me with the snow? that IS crazy!!! i had not heard of the crafty podcasts, i will check them out, thanks for the info!!!

sheila said...

Snow in May...in Arizona...unbelievable. Your house is absolutely adorable.

vivian said...

I saw that arizona had snow on the news! Snow isnt so bad when you know its going to be gone the next day! Unfortunetely for us, It just stays and stays and stays. I do have to admit that it can be very beautiful, just like in your picture!
Cant wait to see what your going to put in your etsy shop next!
hugs
vivian

Maija said...

Your house looks so beautiful!!

Sabii Wabii said...

I so enjoy your work. The Moo card and really cute.
I've never heard of the pod casts...so off I go!!

Victorian Lady said...

What a dream house! We got rain down here...first time in a LONG time...I loved every bit...kept the windows open so I could hear it. Enjoy! :)

Mere

Marie said...

Crazy Jenny! Just crazy! Love your house though and it does look so pretty sitting there in all that snow!

Pearl Maple said...

Well the snow sure is pretty even if it is out of season.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I cannot believe your weather!!! Really until you told us...I didn't even know Arizona got snow at all.
So you should be getting a package from me any minute now...I shipped several days ago...
Off to see the podcasts!

Mary Isabella said...

I am making homemade icecream and last week you could have made snow icecream...Wild!!! LOL...Mary

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Wow! Jenny, I can hardly believe all that snow! We have had some crazy weather as well, but definatley not that much snow! I'll bet you are ready for summer.
Those crafty pod casts are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing :)

~Diane