Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beat the Winter Blues Swap!!! Flea Market Finds, Mail Goodness, and a Sweet Award!!!!

I apologize in advance for how long and picture crazy this post will be, but I have lots to update! :-)

The talented Viv recently hosted a super fun doll swap and paired me up with the world's sweetest partner, Cindy of ThimblePrims Studio! You have to see the goodies she sent me. She completely outdid herself!!! Below is a pic of the fabulous doll she made...(look at the bluebird on her hat!!!!)

Of course she didn't stop there! The doll was accompanied by a sweet little Easter basket, a fuzzy chick, a bookmark, an egg ornament, a decoupaged mache Easter box, and hand embroidered tea towels!!!!!!
If you like Cindy's dolls, please be sure to check out her most recent ebay offering. She lists gorgeous dolls there often under the user name Thimbleprimstudio.

Now check out the gorgeous custom hand painted sign the the wonderful Becca made for me a few weeks back. It hangs proudly on my porch to welcome friends and family.


Speaking of mail goodies, I was one of the lucky purchasers of Every Day is a Holiday's sweet Valentine Nut cups. The detail in their work is astonishing! This photo is not doing these gorgeous cups justice!!!
And speaking of Valentine's day, I also was giddy over the contents of this fabulous package received from Little Pink Studio. Same sensation as I got when I was a kid with a new set of play-dough, sheer joy!!!!

Yummy glass glitter!!!!


This week our kids are on Spring Break, so of course we had to make the 6 hour trek out to Disney! But before I set foot in the amusement park, I had to drag my sympathetic husband to the Long Beach Antiques and Collectibles Market. We got there late and lots of vendors were already packing up as I made my way through the booths as fast as I could. Here are some spoils.....

Vintage glass doorknobs...
An assortment of 124 lovely little vintage greeting cards from the 30's 40's and 50's....

Vintage millinery flowers!!!!!!

Another cute set of anthropomorphic S&P set....I am running out of room to display these!!!!

WOW!!! 1950's wrapping paper!!!

Paper dolls!

More 1950's wrapping paper... love the cowboys!!!!!

And the BEST wrapping paper for last... look it's ALICE!!!!!!



And at last, I was tagged again by the sweet Gypsy Mermaid. This time it was was a lovely award.....




Now I have to pick only 10 others to give the award to! That is so hard!!!! So many blogs are always inspiring me! I am going to take the wimpy way out and procrastinate on this one for a bit.

I have one more tag coming! I'll be back soon :-)

20 comments:

Lori said...

hi Jenny:) love all the goodies from the dolly swap, that doll is just so cute!!! and the nut cups are wonderful...LOVE getting packages from Little Pink Studio:) and you got lots of wonderful things at the flea market!!!

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

Oh my goodness, you are just full of goodies! I love the vintage wrapping paper (I have a bit of a thing for cowboys.....)

Marie said...

Ohh Jenny!! So many lovely treasures to drool over on your page today! I cannot decide what I love the most!!! It's all so fabulous! You are one very lucky woman!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh so much eye candy.
Love it
Alison

vivian said...

HI Jenny! I do love that bunny doll! I think its one of my favs from the swap. She certainly did out do herself. Im trying to remember the doll you made.. and I cant! did I see It? did I post a picture? I'm thinking I didnt. I have to go back and check! Can you send me a picture to post?
Looks like you did a good job in that short time at the flea market!
My husband uses an antique glass door know for a shifter handle on his antique harley!
have a good night!!
hugs
vivian

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I love the face on the doll you got!
You really did well at the antique emporium!
Happy spring break :) Ours starts today. What to do...Disney is 10 hours away!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Love all your goodies! the doll is fabulous...and the vintage patterns and paper! We hope you have a blessed Good Friday.

smiles,
kari & kijsa

Monica said...

Love the vintage wrapping paper!!!! Never met a cowboy I didn't like!!! Our Christmas window theme at my shop was "Funky, junky cowboy Christmas", with a 1940's sofa with a saddle sewn on the back of it!!! Butt ugly...but beautiful! Your adventures sound fun! The treasures you show are TOO cute! Happy Spring! Monica

~dani~ said...

Wow, lots and lots of lovelies!!

Mica said...

yummy fun !!!! Hope you have a delightful Easter !! Hugs Mica

Susie Q said...

Oh my gosh but I am loving all of these treasures!!!

Jenny! I got out all of my bunnies this week and there are your two precious creations!! I do adore them.

Have a sweet Easter!!

Hugs,
Sue

bluemuf said...

Wow!! What great treasure. Lots of swap goodies and fantastic finds at the flea market.

Have a happy Easter

Karen

michelle said...

Wow! What amazing pictures! That was one great treasure hunt!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

WOW! You sure hit the jackpot with all those treasures! I love everything, but that doll in the first photo I think takes the biggest piece of cake! =) Happy Easter!!!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Lots of pretty pictures; thank you for sharing! And thanks for sharing the picture of the sign I painted; I'm so glad you are happy with it!
:)

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Jenny, I love all the vintage style items...especially those beautiful old paper cards, they are so pretty. Swaps can be a blast can't they??

hoganfe said...

Thanks for sharing all your pretties!! btw I love glitter!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Mary Isabella said...

Lovig all of it. Such wonderful things!!!

toothfairy said...

Hi!
I just found your blog and have a son in Mesa. I was so surprised by northern Arizona and it's beauty. I live in Michigan and know how you feel about the long wait for flowers to bloom this spring. I'll check in on you often. Arizona is a lovely state! Jan@daylilylane.blogspot.com

Sabii Wabii said...

Oh my...what fun swaps! I love the doll!
Terisa