Whew I made it! I am back from my business trips to Denver and Phoenix, and spent a happy weekend up in the studio creating these miniature little guys in egg shadow boxes. The shadow boxes were purchased from the wonderful Heather at The Speckled Egg. They are vintage plastic and were originally a bright yellow. I painted and crackled them, then made the little blue bird and bunny out of paper clay to go inside. They are listed on eBay here and here.
These little guys are super tiny, with the bunny measuring only 2 inches tall, the bluebird measuring only 1 1/2 inches tall and the egg shadowboxes/pedestals standing only 3 inches tall total! It was fun to work in such a tiny scale.
I have been tagged three times! I'll answer the first tag today and will do the other two tags later this week.
The very talented and sweet Dani tagged me with the following task.
Here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
So here are my things....
1. I manage 7 telecommuting/traveling employees for a national non profit organization. They are the best people to work with in the world. I worry about them out on the road like I am their mother, even though I am younger than most of them.
2. I started sculpting with good ole' salt dough. I still have some of the original ornaments I created over 10 years ago....
3. ...Unless you count the sculpting I did in high school.... My friends and I were weird. As teens, we would actually get together at a friends house when their parents were out of town... with a big bag of earthen clay and we would sculpt. Wild, eh?
4. My idea of a perfect day is getting up early (you read that right), grabbing a cup of coffee, spending the morning thrifting or flea marketing, the afternoon at the bookstore, and the evening at the movies. With lots of snacking in between.
5. I am such a pack rat it is embarrassing. I really really need to clean my garage! When we bought this old house, we got most of the furniture in it too, so I think the garage cleaning may unearth some treasures. But even more junk!
6. This song makes me cry (good tears). It's written by the awesome Irish band The Frames, and was featured in the lovely movie "Once".
You are it!!!
I have so much more to share with everyone, including Denver pics, two more "tags", wonderful stuff that has recently come in the mail, and a tutorial. Please check back in a couple of days. I am looking forward to catching up on all of your blogs!
PS. the Shepardess (below) is now available on PFATT :-)