Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday evening musings, this month's PFATT offerings and it's SNOWING!!!

Wooo-hooo! Outside of my window right now, lovely snowy flakes are falling from the sky and frosting the whole town with fluffy cold goodness! Having grown up in the desert, snow is like a gift to my husband and me. We love it! Thanks for all those positive snow vibes you sent our way :-)!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday night. Tonight I am fixing Paula Deen's mac and cheese and we will warm up with mugs of peppermint hot cocoa for dessert.
Do you cling to every minute of a Sunday night, savoring home joys and weekend freedom, distancing yourself from the work week ahead, or rather, the accompanying stress?
For those of you in blogland that have been able to pursue your creative passions full time , I'd love to hear your story. Full time pixie making is a goal I have set for myself in the future, and while I do have many books on the subject, there's nothing more inspiring than to hear directly from the from people who are living their dreams.


And speaking of dreams.... there will be visions of sugar plum pixies, a sugary winter pixie and a believing flying Santa, all available beginning Dec 10 on my PFATT page


"The Sugar Plum Pixie"

"The Winter Dreams Pixie"

"Flying Santa Baby"

This month I am doing a 15% off for blog readers and/or email subscribers, so please be sure to let me know that the discount applies to you when you order .

I'll be back in a few days with some pictures of my hometown all covered in snow!!! :-)

15 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

You have some gorgeous goodies pictured today. The Sugar Plum Pixie is Sweet! Love the Flying Santa Baby.
Alison

Mary Isabella said...

I love snow Have I said that before? Well I do. Have a great night. Mary

Gypsy Mermaid said...

aww I love the new fairies and the cute santa!! I am soo jealous It was 80 here today!! bring me some snow! haha hope you get to fill your dreams and craft all the time! have a wonderful day! toodles

Flea Market Queen said...

Love your new fairies...
Enjoy the snow!
Priscilla

Marie said...

Lucky you having snow!!! I so wish it would snow over here! I love, love, LOVE your newest creations! I can't pick a favourite one. I think everyone should be able to follow their passion full time. If you do that You can't help but be a success!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I hope Jenny you can soon live out that dream! You are so talented. These pixies are just adorable and so creative too :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your pixies are so wonderful, you should be able to do them full time!

I was able to make that work for me,(not pixies, art in general) by doing a lot of different things. Jewelry, paintings, painted furniture, murals, writing, antiques. All creative stuff that was fun. When one wasn't selling another was, so there was always money coming in from something. Of course, I always say instead of having just one job with art as a hobby, I now have 8 jobs!!

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Your pixies just get cuter and cuter, your detailing is just mind blowing, Jenny! Such wonderful goodies :D If anyone could make it a full time gig, you could. You just have to find the right boutique/store/dealer. Your stuff is too great :D

Maija said...

Snow!!! You are so lucky!!
I love those little pixies....

Ragged Roses said...

Oooh you got snow!!! It must look lovely, looking forward to seeing the photos (I've got a smile on my face). I really dislike Sunday evenings when the kids are at school as it reminds me so much of that time when I was younger and tried to make every minute last an eternity before returning to school again! Have a good week
Kimx

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Jenny,
your pixies are sooo sweet! I am so lucky to own three of your fabulous creations. I am sure it wont be long until you are working full time from your studio!
~Diane

Kari & Kijsa said...

Love all your work as usual! Kijsa laughs everyday about her 'happy place' (aka her working studio and gallery) and feels blessed to have a paintbrush in her hand seven days a week (although it feels like 11 days a week a lot!!LOL)
You are so talented- we see it in your future!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Lori said...

Jenny, i love your new creations...they are all so sweet...and yippee for your snow, don't forget to make a snow angel:)

Diane Duda said...

I love the santa...but was too slow!

great work!

Di

Sadie Lou said...

I finally did my tag!! I was catching up on my blog reading and saw that you tagged me...have a look if you'd like!
~Sadie Lou