Thursday, December 20, 2007

Some Snowy Pics and More Flea Market Fun (part 1)!

With so much time passing between posts, I have lots of pictures to share of our snowfall, the blog winners' blue birds, and a recent weekend getaway with the family. I'll let the photos do the talking (well, for the most part.... ) :-)


Snowy Ole' Route 66...

The good thing about Arizona, is that it will snow for a day or so... and then the sun will come out brilliantly.
Icicles on our roof

The Old Grand Canyon Hotel...
Our town's annual Christmas tree...
A wooden replica of the community....
I took these shots of Sedona in the distance as I was commuting down to Phoenix for a work trip. You can see a slight frosting of snow in the red mountains...
This year's house shot. My husband went even more crazy with the lights this year!!!



And now that we were finally blessed with that much needed snow... it was time to take a little road trip...
No trip to California is complete with out a tummy refueling stop at Bob's Big Boy. Isn't he cute... this swell diner chain serves up some fantastic pies. If you are ever on the west coast you need to stop in for a bite!
Most of our weekend days were spent with the kids in Disneyland, but Sunday morning we snuck in some (but not nearly enough) time at the fabulously awesome Long Beach Collectible and Antique Market!!!
Gorgeous vintage frocks.... Charming little Santas...
Too many good things to mention....now that I see these pics, I am regretting not spending more time hovering over the detail in those carved wood chairs!!!
Ooooohhhhh! Jadeite!!!!!
My husband was just peeking over my shoulder as I typed this and exclaimed " We should have bought that hamburger press!!!"
This was fantastic show!!! The weather was gorgeous (sunny and warm),the dealers were friendly and ready to bargain ,and we even found some great vintage pieces at reasonable prices. My only complaint is that we didn't have enough time to see everything!
For the last bit of this post I'd love to share pics of the finished bluebirds that were sent out the blog giveaway winners.
Both blue birds decided that they needed to be gussied up a bit for the winter season, so in addition to the customary paper collars and hats, these sweet little babies were outfitted with a little extra sparkle and millinery flowers.
They left the nest here on Tuesday, so I hope they reach their destination by Christmas! And I hope you like them ladies :-)
I'll be back next week with some flea market find pics!:-)
















35 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hey Jenny!!!
I didn't even know that it snowed in Arizona at all! We haven't seen any yet. Your home looks so amazing. He did a great job on the lights. It is a postcard.
Those bluebirds are just precious...I'll get to hold one soon as Mary is my neighbor!
I would have been with you at that flea market you know... :)

Rebecca said...

Your house looks like a gingerbread house! It's gorgeous! And you know how I covet those blue birds! I love their bit of winter sparkle. :)

Can't wait to see your purchases from the flea, it looks like a good one!

Happy Holidays!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your birdies! Your town looks so sweet all jazzed up for the holidays! Cape Cod had one of those BIG BOY statues and it was STOLEN (never to return)! And that flea market looks awesome! I would have needed a deep pocketbook with lotsa cash to go to that one! lol

bluemuf said...

Jenny, lovely snow pictures. The flea market looks like fun with all sorts of treasures to be had. I also covet those blue birds and maybe I can special order one in the new year???

Have a wondeful Christmas
Hugs Karen

Cheryl said...

Pretty pictures. That town looks like a postcard and your house is so cute! That flea market looked so wonderful. Hey, is that Bob's Big Boy of the 10 Freeway?!! Love their hamburgers. Merry Christmas

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi Cheryl! It's Bob's Big Boy off of the I15 in Barstow. :-)

Also want to let everyone know that I will be making more blue birds in January. Thanks for all of your sweet inquiries :-)

Colleen said...

Your bluebirds are ADORABLE...and your house...over the top cute. Love it!!

Elaine Thomas said...

Great photos thanks for sharing!! Have a Wonderful Holiday!! Smiles, Elaine

Sandra Evertson said...

As I mentioned, Blown away! I am Blown away! My Bluebird is Adorable! And you my Dear are a Master!
Again, Thank you so Much I will Cherish it!
Sandra Evertson

Flea Market Queen said...

I love the snow...
Your house looks like wonderland, I love all the lights!
And Long Beach Flea Market...one of my favs!
Happy Holidays...
Priscilla

vivian said...

great pictures! merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Wow a whit e Christmas! Maybe? Merry Christmas
Carolyn x
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

Lori said...

Merry Christmas Jenny!!!

Our Back Porch said...

Wow! I haven't seen a Shoney's Big Boy since I was little. I remember him out in front of our Shoney's! Love your house! Sooooo cute!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

These little birds are precious!
Merry Christmas~
cathy

Cathy said...

Jenny,

Great pics..

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Holiday Season filled with joy and a Happy New Year!

Cathy

Ragged Roses said...

Such lovely photos Jenny! I love the snow on sunny days. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. Love too your home, those lights are amazing! And as for the bluebirds, they are gorgeous! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
Kimx

RobinBirdsNest said...

Beautiful!! I recognize those buildings!! We are only a few hours away - in the desert!!
I love the bluebirds!!! How adorable!!

Holiday Queen said...

Those bluebirds will surely bring happiness to their new owners! Absolutely adorable!! Looking forward to your new creations! Happy Holidays

Mary Isabella said...

I can't wait to get my bluebird they are gorgeous. It has not arrived yet maybe it will be here on Monday. i loved all the pictures. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Love Mary

Mary Isabella said...

The bluebird arrived saftely this Christmas Eve morniong. I is unbelievly beautiful. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas. Love Mary

Jenn said...

Droooooling over your precious little birds!! I just love them!!

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and tons of happiness in the New Year!! xoxox

Sandra Evertson said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Sandra Evertson

Sam I Am said...

Merry Christmas Jenny!!!!!!

Kari & Kijsa said...

So excited about Kari's gift!!!! We wish a most blessed Christmas Day to you and your family from both of ours.

Merry Christmas,
kari & kijsa

Marie said...

Lovely snow pictures Jenny! I loved seeing them and seeing your wonderfully beautifully lit up house! WOW! I am so envious of your bluebird winners. I would so love to have one of your creations! I best get saving my pennies for some Polka Dot Pixie goodies! BY the way stop by my page today and leave a comment so that you can be put into my Christmas giveaway! Would so much like for you to get in on a chance for some of the fun! Hope you had a lovely Christmas!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

libertybellepa said...

waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, I can NEVER find polka dotted Pyrex and I spied one in your picture!
Looks like it was a fun day!

Mosaic*Queen said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :-)
Happy New Year to you and yours!!
Hugs!

Michelle

Debbie Egizio said...

Wonderful christmas images. How great that you can have a white christmas and then enjoy warm weather and sunshine shortly there after.

Flea market looks like fun. I miss doing that.
I'll have to wait until it warms up a bit here in Chicago for some outdoor markets. Well I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

Gypsy Mermaid said...

what a cute cute town! I love the christmas tree and the wrapped street lamp poles! The bluebirds are sooo great! I must have one I think I might buy one! I love all the vintage finds! Dont you just kick yourself for not buying something you knew you should of! haha well I hope you have a wonderful New Years!

beth said...

hey jenny !!! looks so beautiful in northern az ! we gotta drive up soon and check out the snow before its gone !!
also when is the long beach flea ? i definitely need to check that out sometime and i have a brother out in LA !!!
hope you had a great holiday and happy new year !!
xo,
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

Adla said...

Loving the birds you've made they are soo adorable.

Wishing you a happy new year. Cheers to 08'

Adla

catieann said...

jenny

your bluebirds are absolutely adorable! can't wait to see more!
happy Nre Year
catiean

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your house with the lights on are adorable!! I just found your blog and love it. I'll be stopping by regularly.
http://www.redgeraniumcottage.typepad.com

Susie Q said...

I loved all the pictures but Jenny! Your home is truly magical! No wonder
your work is!

I am so in love with your blue birds...maybe I will not be so late the next time one is offered!!
So precious!

Hugs,
Sue