Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Santa Making Mode...

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween. We had a steady stream of superheros, pirates, ghoulish goblins, and fairy princesses demanding candy on the front porch of our eerie abode this year. Below are a few pics of the inside of our 1895 Victorian home in her spooky holiday best...


Even some of my vintage books got "spookified"...
And speaking of vintage books, I received a few more pics that I will be uploading later today to the original sideshow below. Thanks again to all who participated and sent them in!

Like so many other bloggers I seem to be absent lots lately. Some of this is due to a heavy workload at my regular job, but mostly it's due to that little studio I posted pics of recently. Meaning, I am in it all the time! Recently the studio has been covered in fabric scraps, and Cotswold fluff with bits of polymer clay ground into the floor as little Santa's emerge at 3am... here's a peek at a custom Santa I created for my neighbor a couple of years back....







The jolly guy above stood about 30 inches tall.


This year I am making my Santa's on a smaller scale (along with fat snowpixies and cheerful winter blue birds) and will have them available for sale at the Mountain Campus Holiday Fair on the beautiful campus of Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. If you are in the neighborhood please some say hello!


Also... On November 18th I will be reopening my ETSY shop and will have fantastic prices on everything! Please stay tuned for more details!

15 comments:

Mary Isabella said...

The Santa you made is so sweet. Have a Great week. Mary

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

You make the most beautiful dolly creations!!! I am still loving my little fairy doll! =)

I love your "spookified" house! =) I look forward to seeing what you have for sale for the holidays!

Maija said...

I may just have to head up to Flagstaff on the 17th!
Do you know if people can bring their dogs on a leash?

Debbie Egizio said...

What a charmingly sweet Santa! Hope you sell plenty. Best of luck to you!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love your santa.
Alison

sheila said...

Love your Santa, he has such a beautiful face!

Tina said...

good to see ya back!! Wonderful Santa, can't wait to see what your working on!

Rebecca said...

I totally just put 11/18 on my calendar. Seriously.

Mica Garbarino said...

He is Fantastic !! I am sure your smaller scale Santy's will be great !!! Stop on over and join in the fun with helping me choose a name for my newest dolly creation !!! Hugs.

Mica
http://garboodles.typepad.com/

Flea Market Queen said...

Love the Santa, his face is so charming!
Priscilla

Marie said...

Oh, he's so beautiful! I love him. I love all your work though. It's so inspiring. One day I shall own a piece. I'm determined!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

ShabbyInTheCity said...

You did such a great job on Santa's face and hands!
The house looks reeeeally spooky Jenny!
Are you going to join in my craft fair?

michelle said...

Oh! I have lost you for awhile, couldn't find your blog again and now you are found(you didn't feel lost did you?). I can hardly wait to see what you come up with at christmas and I will definitely be backfor your etsy re-opening!

sadie pink said...

What a GREAT Santa!

mosaic queen said...

Ooooooh-la-la!!!!
I wish you much success at your sale!!!
Long time no see!
Come pay me a visit at my new blog
www.mosaicqueen.typepad.com
Hugs!
Michelle