Thursday, October 25, 2007

California Dreamin'

I think I have mentioned here before that we are Disneyland fanatics,and the 6.5 hour drive from where we live in Northern Arizona isn't a long a enough trip to prevent us from getting annual passes to the park every other year.
Amongst the things I love about Disneyland are the stories "she" tells... the rides, of course, the music, the landscaping, even the windows of the shops that line Main Street evoke that "fairy tale" feeling.....

On our last visit to Southern California in August, we were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to visit the beautiful city of Pasadena to attend the Rose Bowl Flea Market. Here are some pictures....







And of course no trip to the area would be complete without an antique shopping spree in Orange.


I love this original old diner... good food too!



I thought of all my blogging friend when I saw this too cute display in one antique shop. Ah... this makes me want to get out my paper mache and star working away.

Now, how could one possible be in a bad mood after seeing the picture of this vintage grumpy chicken candy container?! I think I'll try to make my own version of this little guy in the spring.
Just imagine the delight these spooky goblins inspired in children of Halloween past....

Gotta love this rebellious bunny, complete with top hat and what looks like a cigarette!!!!

Be back with more soon :-)

18 comments:

Rebecca said...

How fun! I haven't been to Disneyland in forever but we're off to Disney World in January!

So did you buy anyting on your excursion? I can't wait to see what this trip inspires you to create!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I can see why you love Disneyland...all the characters to inspire you! I love what you saw at the flea market :) Especially those glass door knobs in the different colors!

jeanetta said...

ok now i am just mad and jealous. all the cool old stuff and disneyland too.
:P

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I'm a Disneyland fantatic,too! I used to live in Northen CA and my parents took us many times, but now I live halfway across the country and my husband and little boys have never been. I can't wait to take them someday!! I have always wanted to go to the Rose Bowl flea market! It looks fabulous!
Michelle

Mary Isabella said...

the glass door knobs were so pretty. The house I grew up in had those in different colors. Mary

A Thing for Roses said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Now I know where to find you. I used to live in So. California, but never went to any of the flea markets down there. That was in my early twenties before the decorating bug kicked in. Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

Lisa

Marie said...

From the time I was a little girl I have always wanted to go to Disneyland. I can remember we had neighbours that had a disneyland sticker on their car window. I was so envious of their having been there. Perhaps I will have to splurge and hop on over to Disneyland Paris one of these days. :-) Probably won't be quite the same, but oh well!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Flea Market Queen said...

Ah Watsons...we eat there often when at the Plaza!
So glad you hit the Rosebowl too...
Glad you enjoyed yourselves at the Magic Kingdom...
Priscilla

jessi nagy said...

wow how fun!!! i love disney too!
that antique day looked fabulous!!! all of those glass doorknobs. yummy.
jessi nagy

Our Back Porch said...

We live in the south, so we have been to Disney World. What fun!! The flea market looked awesome!
~Smiles~

Sam I Am said...

wow... i sooooo gotta get my butt to that pasadena flea market!!! man..looks like it was filled with lots of goodies!!!
next time you go.. let me know.. heck..pick me up on your way thru and we'll SHOP TIL WE DROP :)
xo
sandy

Tina said...

What fun! We have never been, but one day hope to take the grands..Your photos of the vintage goodies are very inspring! Now to get my studio going to create again!!thanks for the eye candy!!!

Sadie Lou said...

I'll be in Disneyland with the two older children and the hubby and his parents in February!
I love Disneyland too--especially at Christmas.

Deanna said...

I wish I could have everything that you saw at the flea market! Wonderful pictures!

Deanna :)

Janet Bernasconi said...

I just looove Disney too! And living in Florida proves it! lol I'm hoping to go there with my family soon. Love all the pictures and especially the Rose Flea Market in Pasadena! I would have gone bankrupt there shopping!lol :)

Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Linda said...

oh that fle market looks like heaven!! How lucky you are to have to it, we have nothing like that here

carolyn said...

What a great time you must have had. I went to Disney Land when I was 15 but have no photographs to show as it was so hot the film was ruined!

Tootie said...

You look like you had too much fun!
What did you buy at the Rose Bowl Flea Market?