Saturday, May 12, 2007


I love Saturday mornings, especially after an intense work week. . Today has been so pleasantly lazy. I slept in, enjoyed 2 cups of french roast with cream and sugar, leisurely flipped through the latest issues of Country Living and Country Home Magazines, then spent two hours cleaning and organizing a weeks worth of accumulated clutter.

To my happy surprise, despite my infrequent visits to blogland lately, two sweet ladies, Bella Enchanted and Patti of Treasure Barn tagged me to share 7 random facts and habits about myself. I think I am kind of boring, but here's a few anyhow...

1. I am a magazine junkie. I probably have over 500 copies of Romantic Home, ME's Home Companion, Country Living, Dollhouse Miniatures, Polymer Cafe among others collecting dust in my laundry room. And I can't.bear.to.part.with.one.

2. I am a huge LOST fan. We have recorded almost every episode and we analyze them to pieces!





3. I am a recovering hypochondriac. I don't imagine myself to be ill, but I do have a great fear of becoming ill, and therefore, can't even pass the heath and medical section of the bookstore without breaking into a cold sweat. Ironically, I work as a program manager for a large non profit that deals with the very health issues that most scare me!

4. I also have a great fear of flying, but I love to travel so much, that I fly anyway (usually assisted by a glass of white wine).

5. My job requires me to travel statewide. So I spend a lot of time behind the wheel. There have been many weeks where I have logged 2000 miles in 6 days. Therefore, I love my XM Satellite radio. I highly recommend it to anyone of you who have to travel extensively or have a long commute.

6. I could give up all foods except for bread, cheese and chocolate. Oooh, and maybe mashed potatoes.

7.When I can't sleep at night, reruns of TV shows, such as, I Love Lucy and Rosanne, seem to soothe me right to sleep. It must be the domesticity of them?







My turn to do some tagging!!!!


http://brooksidecottage.blogspot.com/

http://www.bethquinndesigns.com/

http://zanymayd.blogspot.com/

http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

http://bailiwickdesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/


Hi Ladies! If you don't mind sharing, feel free to consider yourself tagged to list 7 random facts about yourselves in one of your blog posts.


Now for something wonderful!!!

I was so fortunate to be able to obtain this lovely corsage from Kim at Ragged Roses through her Esty shop. Isn't the packaging sweet? She even included an extra gift. What a treat is was to find this treasure in my mailbox at the end of a long workday!










Well I am off to begin work on the giveaway fairy for Lori. I'll be back soon with pictures of my progress. Happy Saturday Everyone, and I wish you all a most beautiful Mother's Day.

17 comments:

Mica said...

Lost is keeping me in suspense. That one guy is a total frek weirdo. Hey patti is my mother in law. She is a sweetheart!!! Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Mica

Marie said...

Lovely corsages! I loved reading these seven things about you! I've already done it on my page earlier this week but thanks for the tag! I can really relate to alot of your things as they are quite like my own things! Are you sure we aren't twins seperated at birth?? I know, I'm too old, lol. Happy Mother's Day!

Claire said...

Thanks for the Mothers Day wishes! I hope yours is as great as your Saturday sounds!

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Jenny, not only do I love-I Love Lucy but my hubby and I are major Lost fanatics. My favorite show in the world I think...

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh Happy Mother's Day to you too and hugs as well! If I could I'd make some mashed potatoes for you :)

Clare said...

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning! Kim's corsages are wonderful aren't they? Think I agree on the chocolate, cheese and mashed potato front!

Lori said...

Love your list!! That rose corsage is quite lovely!!

Rebecca said...

I love Magazines AND Lost. :) Oh and I love my Sirius Radio which is almost the same at XM. Great minds do think a like after all . . . :)

mosaic queen said...

We have so much in common!!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

FrostingsNSparkles said...

GORGEOUS stuff there!! Love the corsage! I could have written your entire list, except for "Lost"
because I've never seen it. LOVE lucy!!

"Early Bird" said...

My son got me hooked on "Lost"...we are into the second season now on dvd...we are recording this season...we'll catch up some day...we watch two a night most nights...tonight I'm catching up with my blog friends so I'm not watching it tonight!
BTW...I love French Roast sweetened with cream and am also a magazine junkie...just cleaned out my bin this afternoon
;)

TK Angels said...

I also love the old reruns of the classic TV shows. I watched LOST a couple of years ago and now I have no clue. Maybe I will follow in Tammy's footsteps and catch up on DVD's.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

lauren said...

LOST and magazines...sigh... wonderful things. I am a LOST freak and this season has been awesome!! Although, the last show was a bit too creepy for me... I hope it all gets explained, otherwise, I don't know... may have to give it up! :(

P.S. Been to the podcast at Jayandjack.com? It's really really good and funny.

Susie Q said...

I love your list! We have many things in common! How I love watching I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, Leave It To Beaver, et al, on TV Land. Nothing better to drift to sleep by!

And oh how sweet and pretty the corsages are!

Daisy said...

Just found you.....Love your blog and your fairys .....Ohhhhh sigh!xx

Daisy said...

Just found you ....Love your blog and your fairys.....Ahhhhh sigh.xx

linda t said...

Love your list! I too, prefer bread over most anything else to eat!
Lovely corsages! Gotta check those out!
linda from tempe (where it's ALOT hotter than where you are!)