Monday, April 9, 2007

San Francisco...


I don't have time to post much , but I do want to share some pics of my favorite city, which I was blessed enough to have the opportunity to visit briefly last week. Above... sunset on the beautiful bay.
Below are shots from the extraordinary Musee Mechanique...the must see tourist attraction for me whenever we visit (read about it here http://www.museemechanique.org/). I am like a little kid at this place, running around with my hands full of quarters, so excited to watch these hand crafted antique arcade machines and mechanical musical instruments come to life. .. You Tube has a few pretty good videos available of the machines all lit up and working. Here's a link to one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK9cqLQ472s you have to wait about a minute or so through the video to see my favorite attraction.. the carnival :-)



Notice the detail in these little masterpieces of invention...








This kind of stuff just makes me smile...





Lots of people are scared of this one below, and she can be an overwhelming site. You can't tell from the picture, but she must be at least 6 feet tall, and for the price of two quarters she'll laugh uproariously while her whole body shakes. How do they do that?!!!!



Below, a store window from the thrift store lover's paradise in Mission District neighborhood. Also, this is the neighborhood to get an excellent meal in San Francisco without breaking your entire budget.



A shot of Lombard street (crookedest street in the world) from the cable car... not the greatest pic.. I think my hands were shaking, from cold, huger or nervousness at the height!



The world famous...




Thanks for stopping by to view my vacation photos!
Things are really nuts at work. I'll be traveling most of the week this week and I am desperately behind in filling orders for The Polka Dot Pixie , so after tonight, I will be taking a bit of a blogging and internet surfing break for a week or two, or until I can get myself all situated and caught up. I look forward to returning to share photos of some new mini dolls that have been in the works for a few weeks now. In the meanwhile, Alice is still available at my Glitter and Grunge page, and the Imagine Fairy will be available on my PFATT page tomorrow. The same discount of 15% and free shipping applies for blog readers. I will still be checking my emails daily, so please feel free to email me if you have any questions
Hope you all had a blessed and joyous Easter weekend! See you in a few :-)






16 comments:

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Ahhhh, Lombard Street! I remember trying to take photos while walking down that one! Until a car came sloowwwly up the hill and we had to move over! I love the pics of that museum! Next time I'm out that way I'll have to see it.

I put your little fairy doll in a spot of honor on one of my cupboards today - she looks so bright and cheery! Thank you again so very much!

FrostingsNSparkles said...

That looks like a magnificent vacation destination, wow!! How cool to get to see all those fantastic things. Hope you had a really great time!!!!

Marie said...

Oh man....yet another place I now HAVE to go visit! Looks like you had a wondeful couple of days! Thanks so much for sharing these lovely pictures with us!

carolyn said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation photographs, they are brilliant.

Shabby in the City said...

Yes Lombard street is HARD to photograph!
I love the museum pics...my dad would have loved that place if he were here! I know it gave you plenty of ideas (as if you didn't have any LOL)

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

Oh--thank you so much for my mini-living vicariously through you-vacation!! What wonderful photos!!! xo-Mel

Ruth Welter said...

Jenny, you really get to do some fun traveling...lucky girl!!

Ragged Roses said...

Thanks for the photos - I visited San Francisco when I was a little girl and still have lovely memories of it. Hope you had a great time too.
Kim x

Clare said...

Thank you for the brilliant photos; it's a treat to see so many sights that we may never get to see. Clare x

TK Angels said...

I love the pics of the museum. I love the carnival pics I believe the best.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

mosaic queen said...

Don't work too hard!! :-)
Your little dolls need you! :-)

Susie Q said...

Oh ow I love San Francisco. WE drove Lombard and walked it too...: )

The museum pic were such fun to see! Grace would have loved that.

So glad you had a marvelous time!

Hugs,
Sue

Janet Bernasconi said...

Hi Jennifer!

Just wanted to say how much I love your work! Adorable! I can see you work hard at what you do and it shows! Also love your blog!

Can't wait to see more of your fun creations!

kimberly sherrod said...

Hey there! Come over and see me! I am having a Blog Party!!!! 6 prizes! 6 chances to win!
6 months of Oh- the Calamity!!!!!

will discus swap with you possibly like in May...or when things resume a normal pace....would still ove to do it just so wrapped up in bunting and crowns and aprons I can barely walk.....help!! come see!!!!

Sam I Am said...

hey jen-girl...where you at?? you must be busy and hard at work eh??
miss you..
sam

love.boxes said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!