Monday, March 12, 2007

So much loveliness to share!!!





This post will mostly be all about the pictures! My mailbox has been overflowing with goodness from the talented hands of fellow bloggers and friends! Some was purchased, some was swapped. All of it is WONDERFUL!!!


First of all...if you have never had the privilege of purchasing the fabulous cake art available over at Everyday is a Holiday ...then you are missing out!!! Jenny and Aaron are so talented, and so sweet! Check out the cool wrapping..complete with bakery string...






My good friend (another Jenni who lives on Vashon Island in Washington and is an awesome cake baker) will be the lucky recipient of this gorgeous personalized piece. She will love it!!! I am so tempted to keep it for myself.. but I do spell my name with a "y"! This cake looks so real... you can practically take it off the plate! Incredible!!!! You MUST check out all the goodness in their Ebay shop. Your jaw will drop! Your mouth will water! You will want to get one of everything they make!!!


Next I had the pleasure of purchasing the lovely jug and bowl set below from Clare at her newly opened Vintage Home webshop. It traveled safely here all the way from her home in England (and so quickly too!) . It's so pretty resting on the window sill of my shabby chic inspired bedroom. I'll take some pics of that soon!

Speaking of treasures from England...check out the stunning postcards purchased from Nikki's Nostalgia at the Stone House webshop. The detail on these amazing cards is unbelievably cool. My favorite sister in law, who is of Spanish descent, will absolutely adore these when she receives them for her birthday in a few months. I am considering framing them in a shadow box...opinions?


After seeing the sweet creations on Little Lovelies blog, I had to have this awesomely cute brooch from her Etsy shop. Just looking at this piece makes me smile..




And another gorgeous brooch, from the hands of the talented Artsy Mama . I was lucky enough to acquire this hand crafted beauty in a swap. So pretty!!!!


Speaking of talented hands... can you believe how gorgeous these watercolor print cards from Beachy's Cape Card Cupboard's Esty shop are! My favorite flowers... Violets and Roses, rendered so beautifully.

I am amazed, and am so blessed to be in the company of such talented women. You all really inspire me!

You have all been so sweet to leave so many encouraging comments about the mini dolls posted last week. You may be wondering what ever happened to them... pics are coming soon! In a meanwhile.. here's a hint....stay tuned!!!







17 comments:

ShoezyCakes said...

Wahoo! That must have felt like Christmas getting all of those goodies! Your friend is so lucky to get a gift like that from you (and Jenny and Aaron!) I can't wait to see your dolls all finished, your fairy is still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!! I wanted to buy it, but dh grounded me from ebay for a while LOL

HollyDoodleDesigns said...

Don't you LOVE getting stuff in the mail? I especially love if I forgot it was coming, then it's like a surprise! LOL.... LOVE YOUR BLOG! Another sweet surprise! Such eyecandy, I'll be back daily to see what's new!
Thank you for visiting my blog and for all your sweet comments. Holly

robertswayze said...

This is really amazing...and looks so great...thanks for sharing this with us...it's absolutely wonderful...and hey i've also posted a few interesting resources over at my blog on Birthday Cards so drop by sometime and enjoy all that's there!!!

Shabby in the City said...

I agree-we have some talented blog sisters out there and I love their offerings!

deb said...

Wowzers! Look at all your goodies! I have one of Jenny and Aaron's originals and absolutely loove it!

Sam I Am said...

holygaucamole jenny!!!!!!
What amazing goodies you have.. i wanna come to your house to admire them all!!! HOW FUN!!!!!! :) :) :)

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

You've been a busy girl! What lovely, lovely treasures! And it was YOU who bought the lovely jug and bowl from Clare... I wondered where that went to! =) Thank you too for mentioning my cards! Now I think I must check out those links...

Marie said...

Oh, I do love visiting your page and seeing all the goodies here! I'd go for a shadow box with the spanish ladies. Bet it will look fab! Can't wait to see your little ladies all finished off!

Peta said...

What gorgeous things, you have done very well! I loved Vintage Home's new webshop. I want all of her things, everything is divine!

Clare said...

Hi Jenny,

Thank you so much for mentioning my shop - I am glad you like the jug and bowl - they are really sweet aren't they?

I have just ordered a set of Louise's pretty roses cards too, so I am looking forward to receiving a nice package in the post!

Clare x

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Jenny,
You have indeed found some wonderful treasures.
I LOVE the idea of a shadow box for the Spanish girls....why didn't I think of that!!? Thanks so much for the link, you are very kind.

Look forward to seeing your fairy creations - the little boxes are delightful.
Niki

Garden Painter Art said...

What a generous post!! Thanks for sharing all the cool "stuff" with us. I love those post cards!!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

TK Angels said...

I love the little girl brooch with the ribbons. Love it!!

You are so creative and I love the things you collect.

Take care,
Terri

Ragged Roses said...

What a lovely blog and wonderful photos. It's great to receive parcels in the post - you've found some real treasures. Will be back to see some more.
Kim

mosaic queen said...

Presents, Presents, Presents!!!! So much fun!!!!

Ragged Roses said...

Thank you for the lovely comments - I would love you to add me to your list!
Kim x

jenny holiday said...

Oh you sweet gal!! Too kind!! We are so honored to be a part of your gift giving!! Thanks so so much Jenny!! We hope Jenni loves her Cake Art to bits!!!

Oh I am loving all of your fab finds!! Everything is sooo lovely!! The roses are to die for!! Aaron is the Rose guy! He loves doing rose paintings! We have a few hanging in our apt...but most are done for clients/collectors. So funny....singer of a heavy rock band..and he paints roses..and lives in a world of vintage sweets!!

Sorta like your man in blue and his love of all things Christmas!! lol!


Thanks for sharing!
xoxo Jenny