Monday, March 5, 2007

More Ireland Pics

Whew! Work has kept me busy, so almost a week now since my last post! Thanks again to everyone who left such nice comments about my Ireland pictures! Here are are some more to get you ready for St. Patrick's day!
Below is a picture of some wonderful Irish musicians performing on the streets of Galway.

This is an ruined abbey we literally stumbled upon on our way to visit the village of Cong...



I snapped the shot below on a walk through our "neighborhood". I thought it the perfect example of a storybook Irish cottage...

In Dublin, we stayed in Bewley's Hotel. Such a lovely old building located in the residential Dublin neighborhood of Ballsbridge. Converted into a hotel from an old masonic school, you'd never guess that the interior decor was sparse, modern, and light. At only 99 euro per night (for all four of us!) , we didn't care what the style of furnishing was!


Another view of the holiday cottage we stayed in County Galway... this pic really makes me homesick for the place. After breakfast in the mornings there, the weather was usually fine, so I'd take a short, happy walk through the area, and sigh and sigh at all the moss and ivy growing like mad over anything standing still .


No trip to Dublin is complete without a trip to Guinness! Below, a pic of my husband (the dark one) having a pint with a local on the observation level of that famous brewery.



Since we don't want to let our passports get too dusty, we're beginning to talk about where to head next. My sunshine loving husband would love to head south to Brazil or Argentina. If I have my way, we'll be heading north to Canada (to see Nova Scotia and P.E.I. of course!) , or crossing the pond yet again to take in Scotland, England and Wales. I am sure there must be a compromise in there somewhere right?

10 comments:

Marie said...

You will love Nova Scotia and PEI, but then of course I am prejudiced....some of the coastal fishing villages in Nova Scotia are sure to remind you of Ireland actually. My husband nas been to Ireland several times and really enjoyed himself both times. He has promised to take me there one day, hopefully more sooner than later! Lucky you!

Peta said...

Ahhh, gorgeous Ireland, the Mother Country :)

Shabby in the City said...

Forget the castles...check out that husband!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

LOL! He is pretty cute ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Memories and pictures of your trip! I am ready for a vacation soon! Ireland looks absolutely gorgeous!!!
I am also looking forward to your next art creation!! What do you have up your sleeve? :0)
Blessings,
Michelle

Garden Painter Art said...

I have so enjoyed browsing through these gorgeous photos of Ireland. I'm glad that you are sharing them with us.

If you do go to England, Scotland and Wales next, please do share with us!! I have always dreamed of going to Wales. I even taught myself to read a little Welsh when I was in high school!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

little lovelies said...

sigh

Don't I wish I could have such a trip!

But a little birdie told me you would maybe be heading towards the California sun soon!

I AM SO EXCITED!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

I would LOVE to go to PEI, as I have family there. But a trip to Scotland, Ireland... ANYWHERE would be nice. You have some GORGEOUS photos with lots of memories attached, I am sure! =)

Susie Q said...

Oh how I want to see Ireland soon! I would vote for PEI and Nova Scotia but them I love it there! Anne of Green Gables and all...: )
What a cute husband you have! : )
Thank you for sharing the pictures!
Now, when will you have those sweet pixies up on Ebay?? Maybe I can get luckier THIS time!!!
Hugs,
Sue

Allison said...

My husband and I went to PEI for our anniversary. We have THE BEST memories of our stay there. We loved it! I just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say hi. Enjoying the look around and I'll be back :o)
Allie from Minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com