Thursday, February 8, 2007

Something new for me...

A couple of weeks ago I decided to put the clay away for a day so that I could participate in the Valentine Doll Swap hosted by the lovely and talented Danielle of The Vintage Dragonfly..


I have never ever tried my hand altered art before, but being an admirer of vintage imagery and a collector of ephemera, clip art and glitter glue, I definitely had the supplies on hand and felt it was time to try something new. Here's what I came up with....





Tomorrow I'll share all of the beautiful creations that I received in return!

9 comments:

Marie said...

Those look adorable! Can't wait to see what you got in return! I love to do crafts, but there us a dearth of craft materials to be found over here....or maybe I just don't know where to look...

jenny holiday said...

Well..I already told you how INCREDIBLE these creations were!! I cannot believe this was your first time working with paper!! Really just too lovely!! I cannot wait to do our own mini swap!! Sooooo funn!! I adore these dolls to bits!!

Cannot wait to see what you will do next!! Yay for Jenny finding paper art!! : )

xoxo Jenny

carolyn said...

Your paper dolls look beautiful and this was your first effort? Very impressive.

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Oh you ladies are so sweet!!!
Marie, you will love what I got. There is so much talent in the world! Can you shop from an online supplier for crafts supplies? I can do a little resaerch for you and send you some links if you'd like.
Jenny!!!!! I will be working on your dolls today after work. I can't wait to get some of your amazing creations!!
Carolyn, thank you so much for the compliment, yes this was my first effort at altered art. It was lots of fun!

deb said...

They're all just wonderful. Boy, you look like a natural working with paper. Love it!

little lovelies said...

Well, you did a lovely job dear! They are so cute!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Thank you so much ladies!!! What a blast this was!!!

Tootie said...

It's a homerun and outta the park! You really nailed it in the paper art category! Really super.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I Love it. I want a couple of those!!! Really!!! Mica/garb-oodles