Saturday, February 3, 2007

Look what I found!

On a recent trip to an antique store, I picked up this chippy pink scale for a song! I was so excited!!!Notice the great little Cake Art Squared behind the scale? That's from the fantastically talented Jenny and Aaron at Everyday is a Holiday.

I love this little 1930's stove. When we purchased the house, the owners gave us the option of installing a modern oven, which would probably have been more practical, especially since I hold my breath in fear whenever I light the burners, and the oven in this stove is almost impossible to use in summer. Being non insulated, it heats the whole house up. But given the choice between cute and practical, cute usually wins me over. My kids know this of course, and play the cute card often.
The Humpty Dumpty Cookie Jar was a Christmas gift from my dear husband. The dancing pear dish towel was another antique store find. The anthropomorphic potholders hanging on the wall are eBay treasures, and those funny little yellow chicks were adopted from a local junk store. They serve no purpose other than to make people smile. Actually, that's great purpose :-)

16 comments:

Mica Garbarino said...

Oh!!!!! This is sooo cool. I Love it. That stove is awesome. I feel like I got a blast of the past. Wow !!!! Mica

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

We LOVE Humpty Dumpty! Mostly because the baby of the family loves him! ;) I haven't dared to buy a Humpty cookie jar yet, for fear little hands may want to reach in too often and CRASH! You have such lovely treasures!!!

carolyn said...

I think the stove is adorable.

Shabby in the City said...

I love the pink chippy scale...I'd be weighing things all day...the cookie jar, the little things you craft...my kids...

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Thanks for all your comments ladies :-)

Shabby in City! LOL!!! I do wiegh things on it! It really works too!!!!

Rosemary said...

yeah Jenny, cute usually wins me over too, hense my vintage stove! LOL! I also hold my breath when lighting :) Rosemary

Daisy Cottage said...

Wonderful treasures! I adore that pink scale! Lucky girl!!
xo,
Kim

Susie Q said...

That stove is amazing! Love the pink scale too. I am like you...cute is definantly better than practical...: )
I love your blog! I have bookmarked it so I can return often. Your art is wonderful! I have to return to your shop and see what else you have! You have such talent...

Oh...and I love your blog name! : )

Stay well...

Warmly,
Sue

Tootie said...

That pink scale is awesome....the chips add character and speak of years of luvin' and use! I'd probably spend more time weighing things than cooking!!! LOL!

Peta said...

I would have kept that stove too, it is divine. I love those scales. I have pink scales but they are new, I would much rather an old "shabby" one.

Clare said...

Those pink scales are lovely and as for the stove - how lucky to have something like that - why can't they make them like that these days?!

mosaic queen said...

Thank you so much for your kind ocmpliment on my blog. I checked out your website and your work is absolutely wonderful!!
Keep in touch!
Michelle

jenny holiday said...

Jenny!!! Ohh how cuuuute!! My goodness!! You really have the best of ALL decor worlds going on in your little cottage!! Your beautiful fancy dining room, and now this incredibly cozy sweet fun kitchen!! Oh boy!!

So this is the oven you used to make my hostess cupcakes recipe? YAY! So funn!!

I am so honored to know that my Cake Art is a part of such a perfect little space!!

Looove the scale too!! Well all of it is just perfect!!

xoxo Jenny

Shirlee said...

What an adorable kitchen. I love the humpty dumpty cookie jar. I like to see some cute or whimsy in a home, it showcases the personalities of those who live there. :)

ShoezyCakes said...

All of it is adorable! I go for cute too :D I absolutely LOVE your work btw :) And the Everyday is a Holiday is gorgeous too!!

Colleen

Marie said...

I absolutely love your stove and all the other little things. I think we are kindred spirits or something. I have two really old cookie jars that I got at yard sales for pence...but are worth a bomb today....a pretty lady pig complete with lovely apron and flowers in her hair and a cowboy pig complete with cowboy hat lid and leather chin strap. I also collect cream and sugar dishes and salt and pepper shakers. I have some really fab wall hanger thingies that are really cute as well...a little mammy and pappy. Wonderful page here! Love your artwork! Will be back, that's for sure. Come and visit me sometime!