Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Longing for another visit to...

Lovely Ireland! In March of 2000, and then again last March we were so blessed to have the opportunity to travel there.


Seeing the daffodils arriving at the grocery stores here has really stirred up a yearning for me to return yet again. Budget and time being a roadblock, I'll have to settle for reliving the past through photos, which, in the next few posts, I would love to share with you all...

Above is the sweet 19th century rental cottage that we were lucky enough to secure for the 1st week of our trip. The cottage is located in County Galway, on the west coast of Ireland , steps from the shore of Lough Corrib, of which you can see glimpses of in the pics below...

We were fortunate enough to catch a few sunny days in Ireland. Having been born and raised in the Arizona desert, I can assure you that there was nothing more magnificent to my eyes than to take in that glorious green landscape, especially when the horizon is met and reflected by such a blue sky. Sigh... more pics coming soon!

13 comments:

mosaic queen said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures. I hope to someday make a trip to Ireland. My great-grandparents were from Ireland and when they came to America they dropped the "O" from their last name making it Ryan. My uncle's middle name is just "O". I think my grandpa was trying to recapture the past.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing! I would love to travel to Ireland someday. My maid-of-honor's parents lived in County Cork for several years due to her dad's job, and she went to visit them often. Can't wait to see more photos!

Marie said...

Love the pictures. Can't wait to see the rest. I have always wanted to go to Ireland. Something yet to look forward to! If you ever get a hankering to visit SouthEast England I know a fantastic place to stay and the landlord is a real good cook too! ;-)

carolyn said...

Ireland is a beautiful country.

Shabby in the City said...

That place looks wonderful!

Shirlee said...

The cottage looks like a wonderful place to stay. Looking forwards to more pictures. :)

Garden Painter Art said...

These pictures are beautiful. What a charming visit to Ireland you must've had. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos.

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

TK Angels said...

Those pictures are so beautiful. Post card quality. How lucky you were to be able to visit such a grand country.

P.S.-I was outbidded for the little fairy :(

Take care,
Terri

TK Angels said...

What beautiful pictures! Post card quality. You are so lucky to be able to visit such a grand country. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Loved the post.

Take care,
Terri

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Lucky you! The cottage looks adorable. I live a little closer to Ireland than you, but I have never visited!
I must do that in my lifetime....it always looks so beautiful. It's not called the Emerald Isle for nothing....

ShoezyCakes said...

Great pictures! Sigh...I miss Ireland!! We have tons of family there, and we haven't been back since '03. Galway is gorgeous, and Westport and Clifden are my favorites too. Up, Mayo! :D

jenny holiday said...

Ohhh sooo incredible!!!What amazing photos!! WOW!! That cottage!!! a dream!! WOW!! Cannot wait to see more pics!!

Thanks for sharing!!
xoxo Jenny

Clare said...

Oh yes, Ireland is indeed a beautiful country - but I too have never been! Why are there so many lovely places and so little time to see them all?! Clare x