Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pondering and Tap Dancing



The lovely Missy from Crafty Carnival has "tagged" me, meaning it's my turn to come up with the following:

The Rules:Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.


Whew! There's probably more than 6 weird things about me! But I'm not sure I know 6 other bloggers that I can tag...so I'll start by posting about my six weird things, and tag some other folks later :-)

1. My musical tastes: If someone opened up my CD case, they'd get to choose between the Beastie Boys , the Glen Miller Orchestra (Big Band) and Broken Social Scene (indie band from Canada).

2. My food tastes: On the rare occasion that my husband and kids aren't home for dinner, I prepare and eat my favorite meal...green apples, cheese and crackers, and Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. If there are no cheese and crackers in my house...then a loaf of Sourdough bread with butter would be my next favorite choice!

3. Even though I am not a Southern California resident, I have probably driven (7 hours) to go Disneyland at least 20 times in the past 3 years. With and without (shhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell them) my kids!
(From our last Disney trip... my favorite ride "The Twilight Zone:Tower of Terror" all decked out for Halloween! )



4. When I was little, I used to insist that my name wasn't Jennifer, but that people should call me Darla. Speaking of "Jennifers", I have about 10 friends also named Jennifer.... most born in the late 60's early 70's....anyone out there know why there are so many of us???

5. I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in English, but I cannot punctuate or spell to save my life, and have spellchecked these here words 3 times already. (Is that the correct way to spell Summa Cum Laude?)

6. Yours truly, a thirty-three year old woman, is currently fulfilling a life long dream by learning how to tap dance!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

aaaahhh SourDough toast is my favorite!!! Do you get Sara Lee in Arizona? Theirs is the best!!!! My mom doesn't get it in Arkansas, and being a former California Resident..she knows how good it is! So I tease her all the time when I'm eating it! LOLOL Loved reading your 6 things!!!!!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

We do get Sara Lee and you are right! It is yummy! Of course, the best sourdough I have ever had came from the V. Sattui winery (www.vsattui.com) in Napa Valley. They have great wine, but the cheese and bread in their shop is what really got me going :-)

Shirlee said...

Hi Jenny, I've been a reader of both Missy's and Nicole's blogs and found your delightful creations on G & G. I'm glad to see that you started a blog. Your house is fantastic by the way.
Enjoyed reading your six weird things, although I don't think they're all that weird. :)

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Thanks Shirlee! That is so sweet
:-) It's an honor to be on Glitter and Grunge amognst so many talented artists!

little lovelies said...

Love you 6 things! They are more cute and endearing than weird. :) That is what my hubs always says when I say he's weird. :) "Honey, I'm not weird, I'm cute and endearing!"

missy said...

Hey Jenny!
I can remember the first day of school when I was little, thinking, "hmmm... I wonder how many Jennifers I'll have in my class THIS year!" LOLOLOL! So it MUST be a popular name of the time!
Missy

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Little Lovies! Thank you for thinking my wierd things are endearing! I'll tell my husband to think that too LOL :-)

Missy, we always had no less than three Jennifers in each class when I was growing up!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

I'm a Jennifer too, and was born in 1971. From my understanding the "Jennifer Craze" all stemmed from the 1970 film "Love Story". Considered the most romantic film of all time, the lead actress's name was Jennifer. Oh, and I too had at least 5 Jennifer's in every class in school! If you want to learn more about the movie, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Story