Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Come on in!

First I want to say thank you so very very much to everyone who has left such sweet comments here. I am overwhelmed by your kindness and feel so welcomed by the blog community. I have to leave in a bit to go on a quick business trip but I will be responding to every comment when I get back tomorrow night. Before I go, I'd like to post some pics of the inside of my house that I
took just before Christmas. More to come soon!

Here's the front room, or "parlor". Yes that's a gramophone in the corner! I had been collecting old big band, blues, and swing music on 78' records for years, and when we bought his place, the former owners left the gramophone behind!

Our candle-lit dining room, my favorite place to be!

Another shot of the dining room....

Thanks again to everyone who has stopped by and said hello! I'd love to exchange links with you all, please let me know if it's okay to post links here to your blogs and websites :-).

5 comments:

little lovelies said...

Your house is beautiful! It reminds me that I should be cleaning mine.

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Thank you! It's very rare that my house is clean (2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 birds and a turtle!) I got the camera out on a good day! LOL

ArtsyMama said...

What an amazing house! It looks so comfy, warm and inviting. Thanks so much for sharing pics:)

jenny holiday said...

Gooooorrrgeous!! Just so so beautiful!! That dining room would make a frozen dinner taste good!! lol.. I know it!! So so romantic!

xoxo Jenny

Rosemary said...

Hi Jenny! Looks like we found each others blogs! LOL! I can't wait for you to show pics of your kitchen! From your description, it sounds ALOT like mine! I also have the vintage stove and fridge! Rosemary (retro rosie). Oh and thank you for including me on your blog list! I just added you to mine :) rosemary